The institution has very good interaction with the various industries.
The various innovative centers are established like Microsoft innovation Centre, IBM Centre of Excellence, APITA, Start-up Incubation Center, and Skill Development Center etc.
i) Central Institute of Tool Design (CITD):
The main objectives for this institute are:
- Training of the technical personnel in Designing & Manufacture of Tools, Dies & Moulds.
- Design & Manufacture of dies, jigs, fixtures and gauges, etc. Provision of advisory services to Small Scale Units including assistance in design and developing tools for various processes.
- In the part of MOU, the CITD offering summer internship and training programs to the interested students at its office - project locations to get hands on experience of live projects.
- Depending on requirements, CITD offering specific projects with identified deliverables to be executed.
i) Unitechtransfer GmbH – German Centre for Automation and Robotics:
- For students’ career, development the institution undersigned a MOU with Unitechtransfer GmbH – German Centre for Automation and Robotics.
- Company responsible for following activities in organisation of Internship-Project and Placement execution and all related matters.
- The main activity includes remote theoretical and practical training from German and remote student assistance.
- Designing the tasks according to the current Industry needs for Indian students which can be executable within 2-3 months according to the current Industry needs for Indian students.
- Providing the technical infrastructure at the institute: Software to operate from India.
- German experts to support the Indian universities during the complete period of task execution.
ii) HSS BIM Solutions Private Limited:
- For students’ career development the institution undersigned an MOU with HSS BIM solution private limited.
- The objective of the MOU is to train the student on AutodeskTM certification programs (AutoCAD, Autodesk@ Simulation CFD Motion, etc.) to meet the industrial needs for the career development of the students.
- They are providing latest software version of Autodesk Education Master Suite – 125 licenses at fee of cost
- Through its education community portal address technology access is provided for faculties and students with free student demo version license.
iii) Start-up Incubation centre:
- The Start-up Incubation Centre to our institution has been sanctioned by the A.P. State Government, as a part of Sunrise Start-up programs for students on Jan 2015.
- A.P. State government has sanctioned total 38 incubation centres in state (5 for Chittoor district) through this. Among those one is our institution.
- It is a privilege to our institution to run incubation functionality for the development of student Entrepreneurs.
- Student committee has been formed and approved by start-up village, Visakhapatnam. This committee is working on incubator functionalities under the guidance of Coordinator and Head of the Institution.
v) Start-up Incubation centre:
- Department of Science and Technology (DST) New Delhi has sanctioned total 2 incubation centres at Chittoor district in the academic year 2016-2017. One is our Siddhartha Institute Puttur got sanctioned Rs.7 Corers and another one Padmavathi Mahila University,Tirupati got sanctioned Rs.2 Corers.
- Incubation cells are formed (Idea Park, Innovation cell, Techno park cell, Innovation Management cell)
- It is a privilege to our institution incubation centre got MOU with total 19 industry academic partnership
- Industry academic partnership program inaugurated for getting more MOU with industries
vi) Skill Development Centre:
- Aiming to promote innovation among students, the Andhra Pradesh government launched 17 skill development centres across the state where students from colleges and universities would take part in developing mobile apps and other skills.
- It is proud that among those one is our institution throughout the state.
- It is started with a batch of 30 students in Phase – I.
- They developed 10 Android Apps in the duration of 2 weeks (05-01-16 to 17-01-16).
- Two students of phase – I was awarded two android mobiles by our honourable Chief Minister for their apps development.
- Phase – II started in the same year with 50 students, divided into 10 batches with 90 numbers of sessions.
vii) IEG Andhra Pradesh Information Technology Academy (IEG APTIA):
- Student training activities will be done in the name of “Amaravati Knowledge Center”.
The Main Objectives of APITA are
- Support capacity building initiatives of Information Technology, Electronics and Communications Department of Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- Develop and offer courses in IT, Electronics and Communications in collaboration with Industry and Academia.
- Bridge the urban rural divide in producing readily employable graduates.
- Provide conductive environment for learning through value addition programs.
- Promote a culture of Research and Development in IT, Electronics and Communications.
- Facilitate e-governance through oriented programs for state government employees.
- Offer consultancy support in Capacity Building Programs.
- Collaborate with Industry, Educational and Research Institutions for the promotion and development of e-Governance.
National Instruments (NI) Competence Development Program
- NI will provide training to faculties on LabVIEW software platform & Measurement and Automation hardware platform free of cost.
- IEG is authorized training and certification center to conduct LabVIEW skill development courses at campus for students and faculties.
- After the successful completion of the course, IEG & NI can jointly issue participation certificate with NI logo to the participants.
- After the Successful completion of the course, the students can appear for globally recognized certification exam Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer (CLAD) and passing the exam will enable the students to get job-entry in core engineering industries.
- Huge discount on CLAD exam fees ie. Rs. 3000 + Tax (Original Price is Rs. 9000) as applicable to every IEG membership student & faculty.
- The NI CLAD certified students can do their final year projects - internships at NI industry customers in India.
- Students can do experiments beyond the curriculum.
- Students can do in-house final - pre-final year real time projects.
- Students will get opportunity to get in to core engineering industries.
- Students can participate in National and International Conferences.
- Students can publish in National & International journals.
- Career development and job opportunity through NI community.
Certification Program in Animation:
- Animation work mainly involves the concepts of modeling, texturing, rigging, facials, fur and hair, layout, animation, lighting, compositing, and visual effects, and to learn the technology in-depth it needs minimum of 6 months.
- DQ Entertainment is developing a course that suits to the JKC students with duration of 3 or 4 days (50% theory and 50% practice) with extended hours of training.
- The course will be designed to provide the basic knowledge of animation, how it works and ignites the student thinking.
The material and software required for training, learning and practicing will be supplied by DQ team free of cost.
- Based on the inputs and interests from the colleges Level I, Level II, and Level III certification courses will also be developed.
- Certification cost is Rs. 1300.
Autodesk Education program
- IEG is the Autodesk Authorized Training Center and is also considered as Autodesk Academic Partner in Andhra Pradesh.
- Autodesk has introduced training and certification program on Autodesk products in Engineering Colleges associated with APTIA
- Mechanical, Civil, EEE and ECE students are eligible for joining this program.
- Faculty Development Programs will be conducted.
- Student Competitions, Boot Camps, and workshops will be conducted.
- Certification fee is Rs. 1100.
Soft skills Program
- IEG is offering Two Day Activity Based Soft Skills Workshops free of cost.
- Experienced - senior Soft skills specialist will train the students at the college.
- Training is focused on Employable Skills: Communication Skills, Presentation Skills, Interview Skills, Group Discussion Skills, Attitudes and Behavior, Corporate Etiquette, Case studies etc.
- JAM sessions and individual mock interviews will be conducted so that the students can perform better in the recruitment drives.
Aptitude and Reasoning
- IEG is offering training in Aptitude and Reasoning for the students.
- Training would help students in cracking the competitive exams and Job opportunities.
viii) Microsoft Innovation Centre:
- Our institution is one among 45 institutions in India to have Microsoft Advantage Platinum level status and also the Microsoft Innovation Centre (MIC).
- This initiative has helped more than 500 students to get certified on Microsoft technologies.
- Many students are honing their skills on Microsoft technologies in MIC.
- Students are even developing projects and apps for mobile devices in MIC.
- This initiative has created a vast awareness of latest technologies among the students and the staff.
- The institution has – Microsoft Innovation Centre established within the campus to foster critical thinking and innovation among the students.
- Students are encouraged to work on Microsoft technologies and create new products and services using the same.
- Hackathon program conducted on 31st Jan 2015 by the institution and more than 500 apps are uploaded in online.
- MIC is trains our students as per requirements of MNCs.
Interaction with industry:
1. The college has entered into MOUs with leading industries, which are being pursued actively.
2. An active Entrepreneurship Development Cell is headed by a senior Professor to mould the students to become Entrepreneurs.