Grievances Redressal Mechanism
The committee is maintained as per the AICTE guide lines. The GRC takes care of the grievances of students/staff.
Procedure for filing a complaint
- The students can share their grievances througth online form.
- They either can drop their grievances in the suggestion box or can directly report to the Committee.
- The students are allowed to share their grievances even with their counsellors and class teachers.
Process for addressing the Grievance:
- Upon receipt of complaint, the member Secretary of the Grievance Committee shall include such grievance as an item of the agenda in the next weekly meeting, unless the seriousness of the grievance warrants a meeting to be commissioned immediately.
- The grievances shall be redressed immediately by the committee and by the Chairman/Correspondent.
- The Member-Secretary shall record and maintain the minutes of the meetin
Sexual Harassment Committee
In pursuance of the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act 2013 and the Rules framed there under, the Institute here by adopts the following procedure for determining complaints filed to the Internal Complaints Committee (ICC) constituted under the Act. The procedure complies with the basic principles of natural justice and fair play and has to be adhered to in all complaints, though, in individual complaints.
The Sexual Harassment Committee Functioning procedure
- Any aggrieved woman may complaint of sexual harassment at work place to the ICC, within a period of three months from the date of incident and in case of series of incidents, within a period of three months from the date of last incident.
- Additional documents and list of witnesses can be submitted to ICC at a later stage during the proceeding.
- Any complaint received by the members should immediately be forwarded to the Secretary of the ICC, and this must be notified to other committee members at the earliest
- and a meeting should be called for discussing the matter.
- The ICC shall discuss and decide on its jurisdiction to deal with the case or reject the complaint prima facie and recommend to the head of the institution for further actions.
- The Committee will provide assistance to the aggrieved woman, if she so chooses, to file a police complaint in relation to an offence under Indian Penal Code.
- The Committee suggests the head of the institution to ensure the safety and protection of the aggrieved woman as and when required.
- The institution strictly implements the rules that are given by the UGC to avoid sexual harassment at work place.
Due to these precautionary measures, no such an incident of woman harassment has been happened till date in the campus.